Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Registration Fee?
We have finalized the line-up of Speakers and the total educational hours for the Conference. We offer 13.5 Hrs of Education with a estimated cost of $9/ Hr.
The Early Bird discount for registrations received on or before January 31, 2017 is $120. Regular registration is $155 for Category A Countries.
Group Discounts available for 5+ registrants at $95 per person with Early Bird Registration or $135 with Regular Registration.
Special pricing is available for economically challenged and developing nations.
Institutional Licences are available for groups of 30 or more. Please contact Andrew Dergousoff at email@example.com for more information.
- How do I register and get access?
1. Go to the Registration page: http://www.goldmidwifery.com/conference/registration
2. You can choose to register as an individual or to register a Group. Early Bird pricing is automatic until January 31, 2017, after which the fee for a Regular registration will apply. If you are a member a Category B, C, or D country, you will prompted to confirm that during the online registration process; your registration price will automatically reflect your country category.
3. Fill in the details for the registrant, nominating a password. Be sure to enter your email address accurately - that's our only means of communication with you.
4. You'll receive a confirmation email reminding you of your username and password shortly after registration. IMPORTANT - If you do not receive an email from us, please check your SPAM/Junk folder and ensure that @goldlearning.com and @goldmidwifery.com is added to your safe list. You'll be able to login immediately and access the delegate-only sections of the website. Those who choose an alternative payment method will receive further instructions in an email regarding payment. Usernames and passwords will not be issued until payment has been confirmed.
- What is a Group Registration?
Group registration is intended for those wishing to register 5 or more people in one transaction.
Groups can be formed by corporations, organizations, friends, or colleagues. Each Group needs to nominate an Administrator, as point of contact for GOLD Learning, who gathers payment and information from team members for submission to GOLD organizers. All names and accurate email addresses must be provided at the same time, and only one payment of the total amount can be paid.
Once you have registered a Group, you cannot add additional people to that group. They will have to start a new group or register as individuals.
- I have registered my Group. How do they receive their passwords?
If you have paid online they will immediately receive their passwords by email individually once payment has been confirmed. If you have elected to place an order and be invoiced for the total registration fee, they will receive their passwords by email when the invoice has been paid. Make sure you enter everyone's email address accurately.
- I have registered my Group and have elected to make an alternative payment (not online). What happens now?
You will receive an email from us explaining how you can pay by fax, direct transfer into our bank account or postal payment. When we receive your payment we will complete your order and send passwords to your group members.
- I prefer not to put a Group payment on my credit card. What can I do?
If you choose the "Alternate payment" option when you register your group, you will receive an invoice in USD dollars. Payment can be received by bank transfer, wire transfer, or company/organization cheque.
- I have a Group. Can individuals pay for their registration?
You can collect individual payments from your Group Members, but you must pay us at the time of Registration in one single payment - that is why we can offer the group discount. If individuals pay us separately it will be treated as an Individual Registration, not a Group Registration and they will not receive the group discount.
- Where can I get a receipt?
Receipts will be available to be printed one your account is activated and through your My Profile. Additionally you will receive email correspondence with a receipt indicating the total cost of registration and amount paid.
- Are you offering CEUs / Credits?
ACNM, Midwifery CEU’s, MidPLUS CPDs and CERP’s are applied for. These credits will be applicable to Certified Nurse-Midwives, Certified Midwives, Registered Midwives, Registered Lactation Consultants, Doula's & Childbirth Educators. These credits may also be accepted by other recertifying bodies. Please visit our Continuing Education page to learn more about credits that will be applicable for this year's Conference. Our applications are currently being processed and we must wait until we are approved before advertising how many educational credits we are able to provide.
- What are the speakers topics and when do they speak?
- Do I receive educational credit if I don't attend the live sessions presentations?
Do not worry if you are not able to attend a live presentation. All presentations will be offered as recordings shortly after the speaker presents live. You will be able to view the recording
If you have any additional questions or comments, please contact us.
- What happens if I can't make it to one of the live presentations?
No worries! All the presentations will be recorded and will be available from shortly after the live presentation concludes until the end of the Conference on March 31, 2017 You'll be able to watch them at your own pace: Pausing to take notes, fast-forwarding to sections that you're interested in, or rewinding to watch it again.
- I will be away for a few days, can I watch the presentations later?
Yes, you can watch recorded presentations anytime until March 31, 2017 (GOLD Members have until April 15, 2017).
- Can I download the presentations to watch later?
It’s not possible to download the presentations, but you can watch the recorded version as often as you like till the end of the Conference.We will also provide handouts of each presentaiton (unless the Speaker requests not to) which will contain a printer friendly version of the slides.
- What software do I need to watch presentations?
The only software you'll need is Adobe Flash Player 11.2 or above. This is a very common plug-in which you most likely already have installed on your computer. In any case, it's easily installed - it only takes a couple of minutes - and you can Or download it for free here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Can I watch the presentation on a Tablet or other mobile device?
Yes!! Most mobile devices are supported with the use of a third party App. For live presentations, you will be able to use the Adobe Connect App. When viewing recordings, you will need to use the Puffin Browser which offers a built in Flash Player. Please view our technical support page for further instructions.
- Something's wrong! What do I do?
Just let us know! Click here to contact one of the GOLD Conference Team, to let us know of your concern, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. We’re always happy to hear from you!
If you have any additional questions or comments, please contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org