You're never alone! Our GOLD Technical Staff will provide online technical support for delegates during the Conference. However, we are not responsible for ensuring that a delegate's computer specifications and internet configuration enable them to participate in GOLD Midwifery online activities and resources. Concerned about your technology?
Fear not as we've worked hard to ensure an easy and smooth experience for Delegates of all technical skill levels. The majority of devices are supported for our online conference and to make sure yours is one of them please take the technology test below. Please note that mobile and tablet users will be required to install an app in order to be able to view presentations.
- System Requirements:
- Adobe Flash Player 11.2 or higher. You can download this for free at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer.
- Minimum Internet connection speed: At least 56.6kbps is supported but cable/boradband/ADSL is recommended.
- Lower Internet connection speeds will affect the quality of your live conference experience.
- Speakers or a headset.
- Apple / MAC Users - Mac OS X 10.6 - 10.9 Supported - Please note if you have OS X 10.5 or lower, you will be required to upgrade your operating system or use a different computer.
- Internet Browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, or Internet Explorer 8+ - We recommend downloading the latest version of Mozilla Firefox - It's Free!
- **IMPORTANT** Take the 20 second Technology Test now to check your Computer's capabilities. Click Here.
- Open our Virtual Meeting Test Room - Click Here. If you are able to see the confirmation slide once entering the room, you're all set! If you are viewing via mobile device, please review our mobile viewer instructions below prior to attempting to view the meeting test room.
We are excited to announce Mobile Device access to our LIVE & Recorded presentations for certain devices! You will be required to use a third party browser called Puffin Browser. The Puffin Browser comes equipped with Adobe Flash support which is required to view our presentations. The cost for this app is 0.99 cents USD for 6 months of Flash Support. If your mobile device already has Adobe Flash 11.2 or higher, you will not need to download the Puffin Browser App.
- To Attend the Conference via your iOS or Android Device (4.0 +/ICS) please use the Puffin browser
- Support Devices Include:
- Ipad & iPhone (iOS 6 or up)
- Android Tablets & Smartphones (Android 2.3 or up)
- Some devices may not be supported by Puffin Browser - These include Kindle Fire HD - We are currently looking into a fix for this device however at this point we recommend using a laptop or desktop computer.
Issues When Watching a Presentation?
Sometimes unstable internet connections can lead to viewing interruptions. Unstable connections are caused by the following:
- Poor WIFI Signal
- Low Bandwidth Availability - Other devices in the household using the internet
- Low Resources available on your computer
Please do all the following steps. If you still are experiencing issues, please contact us for further technical support
- Unplug the power to your WIFI Router / Modem for 30 seconds and then plug the power back in
- Ensure other devices in the household are not using a lot of internet resources - ex. Netflix, Downloading, Streaming.
- Restart your computer
- Access the presentation again and enjoy!